web analytics
oven build with pictures - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

oven build with pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven build with pictures

Here is a oven build I found with some interesting ideas. It's a bread oven but some of the ideas are usable. I like the use of arches rather than a four sided foundation.

Monterey Masonry: Bake Oven Journal

Bruce
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: oven build with pictures

Ooops, It IS a round oven. I looked at the wood storage arch. It looks like a low angle pizza oven.

Bruce

Comment

It was a really nice build...I looked at it some time ago...I think the oven is more of an oval shape than truly round
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Wierd. Looks like a barrel vault oven for quite awhile, then suddenly looks round. Nice job, but why not use fire bricks? Certainly a lot of effort went into the build. Seems funny that they used what are apparently standard bricks. ( I didn't read the captions, so I could be wrong)
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Yup, I looked again. It is oval and they are using firebricks. ( George, ya have to read to captions, not just look at the pictures ). However, the base is vermiculite concrete first and then concrete ! Now it sounds more like a high mass oven.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X