web analytics
late 1800's oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

late 1800's oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late 1800's oven

I am doing a remodel of an old building that was a bakery in late 1800's early 1900's. Underneath the collapsed rear of the building (an addition)we found this wood fired brick rotary oven. it occupies 2 floors with the basement section being where the clean outs are. The owner had the oven cosmetically fixed and is using it as a centerpoint for the restaurant he is putting in the building. The drive section uses 2- opposing tapered wooden rollers for speed control and a worm gear drive for the turntable. I have not been able to find much info on this type of oven but believe it to possibly be a gueulard type oven. Any info or links to info would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: late 1800's oven

Now that's one I'd like to see. I thought rotary ovens were entirely modern.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

The pix I attached don't seem to open, but same pics are posted in the newcomers section under new user old oven. You can see the turntable in 1 of the pics

Wow! That's very cool.

Check out my pictures here:

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Here's the link for the pictures:

That is a seriously cool instalation. Is your restaurant guy going to try to restore it as a working oven, or just a decorative fireplace?

I don't know anything about old bake ovens, but maybe Jim will jump in with some actual information
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

My question is why don't I ever find cool things behind broken down walls. Some people find money hidden away in walls, here we have an unknown, but apparently fuctional brick oven.

I punch a hole in my walls and only find rat droppings.
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.