web analytics
Oven build slideshow - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Oven build slideshow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven build slideshow

I put together a slideshow of our 42" Pompeii oven build and uploaded it to YouTube. See link.

Temecula Wood Fired Oven Build - YouTube

rbhumbert

Re: Oven build slideshow

Looks like a great job! Congratulations on the oven!
    Loren

My Build - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...ney-19648.html

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/grou...-builders.html

Comment

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Unique and creative architectural design. How did you form/pour the concrete roof?

Comment

ATK406 Thanks you for your nice comments. The slideshow doesn't show how the concrete roof was done because I failed to take pictures. After completing the dome and flue, I insulated the dome with 6" of perlite/cement mixture. I then built the brick enclosure. At that point I was going to fill the void between the dome and the enclosure with loose perlite, as so many others have, but perlite was too expensive, so I "backfilled" with 3/4" gravel. Gravel compacts on it's own as it is laid, so no chance of voids or settling. I filled up the enclosure to within 3" of the finished slab height, and pour the roof.

Comment

Interesting. Since I haven't finished the exterior of my oven yet (currently covered with a temporary doghouse)..you've got me thinking.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X