web analytics
even more photo's - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

even more photo's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even more photo's

I took alot of photo's along the way and hope to build another one someday.
    Attached Files

Re: even more photo's

Looks great!

Comment

Good work. Where are you in N Mich? I am from Cadillac but live in Kalamazoo and am working on sealing my structure over a 42" Pompeii. I still have a lot to learn on temp as well. Burnt my first attempt at bread last night.

Best of luck,
      Tim

Comment

I am north west of Traverse city in Leelanau county. I am done cooking using the oven for the year. I think I used it about a dozen time before the weather turned. I had a number of pizza parties. I only cooked bread once and I also did a chicken which turned out very nice.

I found that I like a 3 minute pizza the best. I am still learning how to keep the temp up by stirring the coals. In the past I always made a slightly thicker crust. 13 oz dough for a 12" pie. For the brick oven I now make a 10-11 oz dough and stretch it to 14"+

It seems that my base cools off fast then I like when I am cooking 5 to 6 pizzas. I think I am going to try adding a layer of lose bricks in the oven next summer. Only 8 bricks though, just enough to cook one pizza and see if that makes a difference. Going with the barrel style mine is more of a baking oven. I love the heat retension that my oven has. I look forward to slow roasting something over night next summer.

good luck

Comment

a few more photo's
          Attached Files

Comment

and still a few more
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingcha View Post
              I am done cooking using the oven for the year.
              Why are you done for the year? cooking in the winter is great.

Chip
              Chip

Comment

Well Chip my sister has told me we will snow shoe back to the Oven this winter a do a bonfire and fire up the oven.

My oven is not at my home, it is on the back 25 where we hope to build our next home in a few years if we ever sell the present home. I don't keep the driveway plowed during the winter. I almost wish I had built it at our present house as it was a joy to build and might have help in selling our house.

matt

Comment

I see, mine is 19 ft from my kitchen, snowshoes only required when we get a big dump

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

I dont envy you guys, we get a heavy frost (by our standards) and I chicken out......
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X