web analytics
Laruvious - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Laruvious

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laruvious

Well, I started my oven about 3 months ago.. I did not start a thread due to the fact that I really did not have much to offer. Everything I did was something I read in someone elses posts in this forum. The oven is almost done with and I just wanted to post some pics of the progress.. not that What I did is any different but I got my ideas from everyone elses perspectives in their pictures. So maybe someone else might see something in a different perspective from my pics...
    ALL critisism is welcome.. especially negative... for I am still learning!

Steve

Re: Laruvious

Breaking Ground!

Cheap Labor

Comment

Looks good so far...but you need an adult sized shovel. ;-)

Comment

Well, yer screwin' up right off the bat man!........lift with your knees!....you're gonna throw a disc shoveling like that.....
        otherwise, looks good.......
        I like the cheap labor part....

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyebreadman View Post
          Well, yer screwin' up right off the bat man!........lift with your knees!....you're gonna throw a disc shoveling like that.....
          otherwise, looks good.......
          I like the cheap labor part....
          It seems the pic angle/timing made it look worse that it really was... but will keep it in mind for the next oven.

Comment

The pouring..

The Vibration..

The Slab is done!

Comment

The Cheap Labor runs the Project!

Once we finished the slab.. We decided that we will expand the project by making a Full BBQ Station.. with a Roasting Pit, A propane gas side burner and a Serving Counter/Table.

Comment

The Expansion

The Inspection

The Inspector

Comment

Arch to Wood Storage

Proping LARUVIUS

LARUVIUS Done..

Comment

A Few Days Later

And the Moment we were waiting for the start of the OVEN!

Hearth Slab. is done.

Comment

5:1 vermiculite/concrete as base

Boards from FB on top of Vermiculite/concrete base

Comment

Here is where I pause to apologize there are missing pictures in the sequence.. I am still looking for the mem. stick!

Comment

Once the dome was completed I did a 1/2 coat of heatstop and then put on a 2 -4 inch coat of 20:1 vermiculite/concrete. and filled the void of the housing with just vermiculite.
                          The Chimney is a double wall insulated Duravent from FB.

This is basically where I am at, at the moment.

I will try and find the missing pics.. We have never done any concrete, Brick laying before.. but with the wealth of information in this forum and a little desire we managed to make it happen! I will continue to post pictures till we finish the whole project... the cheap labor has set a deadline, for they want to have a 21st B'd party in July... hopefully we'll be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                            Looks good so far...but you need an adult sized shovel. ;-)
                            The Cheap labor did not complain.. so I did not mind... I just did an honorary ground breaking pose

Comment

Nice build. I'm curious about the term "LARUVIUS" I googled it but it takes me to your posts. Whatever / whoever it is, very clever use for the keystone!
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X