web analytics
surface rust on reinforcing. - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

surface rust on reinforcing.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surface rust on reinforcing.

The wire mesh reinforcing I was going to use for my foundation slab has a lot of surface rust on it.
    Is it still ok to use? Should I make some attempt to clean it up or just use it as is?
    Last edited by hungng; 11-23-2011, 08:07 PM. Reason: oops, wrong area.

Re: surface rust on reinforcing.

Just us it, I very much doubt there is any rust free rio on the planet.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

THe alkaline environment of concrete stops the rusting, aswell as the lack of oxygen.. should be ok to use, most of the time, slightly rusted is easier than brand new/shiny/slippery reo.

I think it would depend on the severity on the rust. Surface rust will not matter, but if it is flacking type severe corrosion, it could be a problem. Do a search on "concrete cancer". Reo should have a minimum of 50mm embeded depth (for building purposes).