web analytics
hot water system - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

hot water system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water system

does anyone know how to incorperate a hot water system into there wood fired oven

Re: hot water system

A copper coil incorporated in the oven running to your hot water tank inlet would work.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

It seems that if you were at all in a sunny climate, a solar collector would be a better and safer choice for point of use hot water.

A coil in or near your oven could boil dry and melt
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

the water would get to hot for your house. so you wood need a heat exchanger . and plenty pressure valve.s . because you could flash boil the water there.s a chance of a very big bang. so a good pump to move the water must be on even when fire is only starting. if you had room over top of oven maybe a heather tank to take expansion .. there are people who have put video.s on utube about this some very good jobs some not so good but still work ., i was thinking of using my wfo to heat a hillbilly hot-tub. also on utube. if you have any plumbing know how you could do it your self.. because you will not get a craftsman to do this , because of danger of explosion .. hope this is a bit of help .

Comment

We had this discussion about a year ago I and can't find it. The problem is that the oven is so hot you will produce super-heated steam which is very dangerous. If you don't know how to handle the steam, it can be very dangerous.
          Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Working...
          X