web analytics
Northern Minnesota Pompeii - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Northern Minnesota Pompeii

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Minnesota Pompeii

This past summer and fall I built a 42 inch Pompeii here at my home in northern Minnesota near the north shore of Lake Superior.

I could not have built the Pompeii without the plans from Forno Bravo, which led me through the construction procedure and gave me the confidence to undertake the project.

I also could not have built the oven without the help of so many participants on this forum. You helped, without knowing it, by your many questions, suggestions, comments, and shared experiences posted on so many useful threads. Each time I bumped into a problem, or faced a moment of uncertainty, I searched the forum, and, without fail, I always found the information needed to go forward.

So, a big thanks to Forno Bravo and all the participants on this forum. The Pompeii is performing beautifully, and I am exploring its full range of potential from pizza to bread, to roasting and slow cooking.
    Attached Files

Re: Northern Minnesota Pompeii

That is a good looking oven you have there....The snow looks idilic
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.
    Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is here.
    An album showing our Thermal Breaks is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Re: Northern Minnesota Pompeii

I checked out your photos. Lovely spot for a WFO. The snow is beautiful. An average winter is 10 to 12 feet, so snow and cold are just part of life here. So far the Pompeii has been performing very well at cold temperatures, but next weekend we're predicted to be at -20 and colder. That's even cold for us. I'll be staying indoors and giving the Pompeii a rest.