web analytics
Oven Building This Week - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Oven Building This Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Building This Week

Oven the weekend, I painted oven frames. I use Rustoleum...Red Oxide Primer, and then Flat Black Enamel. I use a small foam roller except for some nooks and crannies where I use a small spray can.

We built 3 wood and propane fired ovens this week. All three are sitting in the garage now.

The ovens shown have a rectangular chamber. They are split firebrick on the inside mortared with 3 parts type S and 2 parts fireclay.

The outside is brick veneer. Note that my wife came up with a redesign to make the oven door opening decorative. There are two full size bricks on either side of the door opening.

These ovens are gifts...I have 2 brothers and 1 sister who will be quite happy this Christmas.

These ovens are probably not as "good" as a full brick "Pompei", they have a much lower thermal mass, but probably much better insulation than most Pompeis do. However, I cannot ship a Pompei, or afford to give those away. These are designed to sit on the back porch right next to the propane grill.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sacwoodpusher; 12-11-2010, 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling and purpose
Working...
X