web analytics
A Trip to Sorrento - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

A Trip to Sorrento

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trip to Sorrento

Hi All...I am commissioning my bride to begin the planning process for the big 4-0 next year...which basically means I have to plan it, but she'll pay with her credit card which comes out of a joint account anywyay

We are planning to head to Campania for a week or so and are thinking about making Sorrento home base. I don't really want the hassle of packing/re-packing so we'd like to just stay in one place. Sorrento seemed a good place to hit Positano, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi, Ravello, Capri, etc.

We went to Italy on our honeymoon back in 1995 and it was a cruise...we only spent a short time in Sorrento, but enough time to eat at Pizzeria Aurora.

At any rate - does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations on lodging in Sorrento? We are thinking about Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria...has anyone ever stayed there??

Let me know what you think...

Re: A Trip to Sorrento

Jay, I stayed in Sorrento for a couple of nights, but I don't have a clue what the name of the hotel was. Sorry I can't help you.

Me personally, I would stay in Positano. Certainly the most romantic village on the Amalfi Coast. It's harder to get to and from other areas, but what an awesome town!

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Re: A Trip to Sorrento

Coincidentally my wife and I are planning a trip to Italy this summer for a significant milestone also. We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and have decided to do so on the Amalfi coast. As of now we are likely to rent a villa rather than go the hotel route. Should that interest you I'd recommend going to Parker Villas for possible rentals. They have a wonderful color catalog you can order which makes the selection process easier. The catch is that most are houses large enough to accommodate 6-8 people, with few small ones of one or two bedrooms unless you are talking about an appartment.