web analytics
Raleigh, nc - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Raleigh, nc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh, nc

I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
    Thanks!

Re: Raleigh, nc

[QUOTE=Poetryart;155372]I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
    Thanks![/QUOTE

Do you have the honor of unveiling it or is it your creation, are you the artist?

Comment

I'm a sculptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Poetryart View Post
        I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
        Thanks!
        Head west to Asheville...lots to do there.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Poetryart View Post
          I'm a sculptor.
          Congratulations! Is it a public or private piece? Is it on the net to be seen, with any of your other works?

Comment

Thanks! It's going in a church, outside actually. This one is St. Ignatius, #6 of 8, only 2 left in the edition. Im currently working on a 10 ft tall Ascending Mary for a church in Louisiana. Someday I plan to sculpt a really cool chimney pipe for the pizza oven, but have too many paying jobs to play with first - definately not complaining about that!

Comment

Working...
            X