web analytics
***Pizza Racks*** - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

***Pizza Racks***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Pizza Racks***

Hello all,
    Here are a few pics of "Trivets" my shop teacher used to call them, I use them on the table to put the hot pizza trays on.

I cut up a scrap section of some 2 x 12 on the table saw into 1/2 inch square stock 12 inches long then nailed them together as shown.

a good simple project you can throw together on a rainy afternoon, I didnt put any finish on them as I didnt think it would take the heat from the trays.

Enjoy

Mark

P.S. home depot sells 3/4 square oak and maple that arent that expensive if you dont have a table saw, im sure that will work just as well and probably last longer
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM.

Re: ***Pizza Racks***

Nice idea Mark!

Thanks for sharing!
    Jay

Comment

ohhh those are great! We talked about this in another thread...the idea that it seems like a cooked pizza could stand a couple of minutes of "airing out" on a ventilated surface to keep the crust nice and crisp, vs. what I've been doing which is plunking them down onto a cutting board straight out of the oven which seems to make the crust go a little limp in short order. These would be perfect, and so much nicer looking than my big metal cooling rack!

Comment

it seems like a cooked pizza could stand a couple of minutes of "airing out" on a ventilated surface my mother has been telling me since we started the same thing, they need to dry out for a few minutes... I have the wire racks, I just didnt like them,,, So I made these, I put the pizza on and then cut it with a scissor, we have been cutting our pizza's with a scissor forever, Its what my grandmother used to do. People will look at you strange and ask why dont you get a pizza cutter, And i answer with why? this works great..
        Thanks Mark

Comment

Working...
        X