web analytics
Are gaps between floor and sides normal? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Are gaps between floor and sides normal?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are gaps between floor and sides normal?

Thanks for helping, I am trying my oven out for the first time since curing and noticed a gap between the oven floor and the dome sides.

I just fired my oven to high temp after the recommended curing process and noticed about a 3/8" gap between the floor and dome for about the first 14" from the opening in around the sides, is this something I should be concerned about?

Thank you for your help!!!

Pgh Yinzer

Re: Are gaps between floor and sides normal?

I'm not sure if you have cut your floor bricks to lay inside the dome walls or if you have laid the dome on top of the floor.

If your floor is inside the dome, a gap is fine..in fact its a good thing. If your dome is on top of the floor, does the gap close up when the oven cools? Do you have a reinforced cladding on the dome?

Keep an eye on the joints were your dome comes into to the oven opening and the center of the dome wall (looking through your opening) If you see cracking that is opening up and not closing after cooling down, you may have to relieve the cladding.

But, don't worry too much about it. The best thing to do is continue using it an monitor how your oven is acting with each fire up. It's a new oven, so give it some time.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin