web analytics
Savory Spice shop-Austin, TX - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Savory Spice shop-Austin, TX

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savory Spice shop-Austin, TX

All kinds of good spices, dirt cheap. Today I got:

1oz of habanero powder.
    1/2oz of Aleppo pepper flakes.
    1oz of smoked Spanish hot paprika powder.
    1/2oz of mild green New Mexico green chili powder.
    2oz of crushed brown mustard seeds.
    2oz of tomato powder
    2oz of bleu cheese powder
    5oz of Himalayan pink sea salt
    1oz of Cantanzaro mix (garlic, lemon peel, majora, thyme, rosemary and oregano) for pizza sauce.

(basically 9 normal spice-bottle quantities)

For 28 bucks.

I have been looking for the powdered habanero for a couple of months locally, and met the owner at a party Saturday night. She is a neighbor, in fact.

It is nice nice little shop on West 6th, visit if you can, and they are online if you can't.

Savory Spice Shop, Inc. - Shop Savory

Savory Spice Shop, Inc. - About Us, Austin, TX

Re: Savory Spice shop-Austin, TX

5oz of Himalayan pink sea salt
    Aren't the Himalayas awfully far in distance and in elevation from the sea?
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

They are now, but they haven't always been.

Well yes, all salt is sea salt. It's just a matter of how long ago the salt was in seawater - days, millennia, epochs, or eons. The term is generally used today to indicate the salt was recently (maybe months or a few years?) made from seawater.

I haven't tasted a lot of different sea salts but the ones I have tried all tasted like - well, salt. I don't seem to be able to discern the finer points of flavor between various oceans. Maybe I've eaten hot chilies for so long that my taste buds are burned out!

They harvest and sell pink salt here from an inland lake, most of Oz is saline.

Anyway, they sell the pink salt at about 30 times the price of normal salt.
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

they sell the pink salt at about 30 times the price of normal salt.
            Jeeze, time to buy some red die #2!!
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2