web analytics
***Computer Crash*** - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

***Computer Crash***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Computer Crash***

not my week,,,, saturday car crash,,,, wednesday computer crash,,,, Wanted to remind everyone to BACK UP,,, Fortunately I didnt lose too much as I back up to an external drive.. iust have to reload everything.... I would have been mad if I lost all my WFO pics..

***BACK UP TODAY***

Cheers
    Mark

Re: ***Computer Crash***

Yeah, my desktop's a doorstop too. Still waiting on a replacement- the one I bought came with non-functioning USB ports. Thanks to DH, we have laptops to use, but I kinda miss the desktop. I hate laptop keyboards. And the screens are little.

My desktop was kind enough to boot up one last time for me so I could do a MUCH overdue backup before it refused to boot up at all. Must have been a higher power at work, because I hadn't done one in ages. And ages. Like, years. So I pulled EVERYTHING into the external in one mad dash for salvation. When I came back after going out, it was dead.

So, take the wonderful advice given- BACK UP everything you care about!
    Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Hey Elizabeth,
      Was trying to look at your brickoven pics, but it says the group is closed .... Are they anywhere else,,,

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

I think a lot of them are in the photo gallery. I'll have to get the other thing up and running again, I guess. I may have to find a different host, though...
        Elizabeth

Comment

Im using photobucket, but only for storage and backup.. I've never tried linking the pics.. pictures actually take up a tone of space.. I like to take very hi res then I can photoshop them depending on the application I need them for..

Comment

I keep DVD-R manufacturers in business!

My laptop's motherboard bit the big one last week. Did you know you can turn an internal HD into an external HD? Now I just have to figure out what drivers I need to run the thing...

Sigh...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
            [/CENTER]

Comment

I'm going to try to get the old one to function as an external eventually, but I have to get the new tower in place first. Apparently if I can stick the old one in the freezer it may be bootable long enough for me to turn it into an external OR to make sure that I have everything off it I need. (so the IT guy from the large local university tells me) I should have everything, but it's nice to think that I might be able to pull stuff off if I didn't snag it all....

No matter which way you slice it, BACK UP your stuff! I'm still marveling that the thing booted up that one last time so I could pull my photos, music and other stuff off before it went toes up.
              Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
              X