web analytics
Never Say No To Free Brick - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Never Say No To Free Brick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Say No To Free Brick

Picked up about 200 of these tapered regular red bricks...I think I will use them for some arches when I build the permanent oven.Any way they were free and free is good on my book.I had not seen tapered red bricks before,so I will try and be creative with them...I wish they had been fire bricks but beggars can't be choosy.

Re: Never Say No To Free Brick

Well done matey :-)
    Nothing better than scoring stuff for free ! Goodluck with creating something out of them .
    Cheers Lee
    Cheers Lee

Comment

castiron,
      they look fine for cutting and building your dome.
      And you have enough to build a 40" Pompeii to boot, especially as they look look they are fired clay bricks.
      I personally would build one with them.
      Check out Russell Jeavon's book as his ovens are built with them without problems!

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I have a refactory close to where I live and aquired about 400 of those firebrick. Mine are a spotted yellowish and new. I got to know the forman of the yard and he has set me up with tons of brick in various shapes. (All the brick are not sold or used anymore) I built my pompei with the arched brick, cut into 3 equal pieces. It worked great. I didn't have to use any mortar for the first few rows because they were a good tapered fit.

Comment

Where did you get the brick?

Joe
          Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Joe I had to use my wifes log in , having trouble with mine again. I got the brick at a local refactory about 25 miles from where I live. I have found out that it seems to work fine for the walls and dome but not for the floor, It can't take the thermal shock or I am not firing my oven right. I also got some large flat pieces about 20x22 and used this for the floor and everywhere I moved the fire itcracked the floor big time. I am now trying some fire place brick to go over these pieces.

Comment

Working...
            X