web analytics
Dried Bean help - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Dried Bean help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried Bean help

I've always used canned beans for my recipe (Jimmer Beans posted in Vegetables recipes) but I'm switching to dried.

The question I have is after soaking the beans should I cook each variety separately to make sure they're all done right?

I've got black, pinto, red, small white, large white and garbanzo's soaking. Do different varieties take different lengths of time to cook?

I'm worried that if I cook them together some will be done/overcooked while others will still be uncooked/crunchy.

Any dried bean cooking experts out there???

Sous-chef XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Dried Bean help

Hi XJim.............we use lots of dried pulses lentils, beans et al. We always cook the beans seperately after soaking as they do tend to cook at different speeds. Putting the dish together after ensures that all will be cooked to perfection. Coincidentally, I did two bean dishes in the oven last night.

Last edited by Inishta; 03-13-2008, 04:22 AM.

Thanks, that confirms what I was thinking about dried beans.

do you soak and precook your lentils?
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

XJ.........the lentils do not require any soaking..........just pop them in as they are..........

To see a guru seek advice is very humbling, eh.
          Mate, I'd follow the scent of your unwashed lentil pans to the edge of the earth.
          On Sunday.
          Dinky Di, tru! (Now where did I find that one, eh.). . . . .stoppit.