web analytics
Forno or cammino? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Forno or cammino?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno or cammino?

There's an Italian lady who works in the cafeteria at my workplace and we have a pretty good rapport so I was telling her about my oven. Her English isn't great, but better than my Italian, but at one point she looked a bit puzzled by my description. "Forno" I said, and after a bit more back & forth in the conversation, she caught on, saying "Ahhhh, a cammino ...". I asked what the difference was between a 'forno' and a 'cammino' and got an explanation but the language barrier got in the way so I'm still in the dark.

Anybody know what a cammino is?

I tried a Google search and it seems to be a word for 'the way', as in roadway, but may have something to do with a chimney too?!

Re: Forno or cammino?

Well "cammino" two M's from what I can find out is something like "I walk" I think...camino with only one M is "chimney"...I will defer to the more knowledgeable in Italian(James maybe?) to put together the significance
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Yo Dutch!

So you're telling me my '69 El Camino was in all actuality a Spanish chimney?
      Maybe they were the first landing party of TransFormers

Comment

Not a Spanish chimney...an Italian chimney! Thought Caminos were Mexican anyway...way better than the Ford Ranchero!
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X