web analytics
Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking

I have a cookbook question . . .

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the 1961 edition, and the 1965 edition of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, by Julia Child?

Re: Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking

Yes, there were some revisions in the newer edition. I saw a documentary on Julia Child and I remember them mentioning that. I vaguely recall it being something about simplifying some recipes but I won't swear to that.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

OK, thanks. My local library only has the very new 40th anniversary edition -- way too expensive. But I'm looking for the original1961, or the 1965, to check it out and buy used.

Comment

I have the 1961 edition (4th printing 1963) if you want me to post a recipe for comparison.

ABEbooks.com has 'em cheap:

Mastering Art French Cooking (ISBN: 0394401557)
        Child, Julia
        Bookseller: Barely Used Books
        (Mystic, CT, U.S.A.)
        Bookseller Rating:
        Price: US$ 8.00
        [Convert Currency]
        Quantity: 1 Shipping within U.S.A.:
        US$ 3.50
        [Rates & Speeds]
        Book Description: Alfred A. Knopf Incorporated, New York, New York, U.S.A., 1961. Hard Cover. Book Condition: Good. Dust Jacket Condition: Fair. 4to - over 9" - 12" tall. Dust jacket shabby but intact. Bookseller Inventory # CK746
        Last edited by dmun; 08-23-2007, 03:39 PM.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X