web analytics
Another cool site for ovens - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Another cool site for ovens

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cool site for ovens

Try this link and click on "save the bakehouses" its like a 15mi slide show of old bake houses very neat.

Museum for Old Techniques - Grimbergen - Belgium

Re: Another cool site for ovens

Very nice link. Great find.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Really neat site. A few more ideas on how to finish ovens in there, too.

Nice find!

My oven progress -

Seconded and "thirded." Great find. You, like I did, must have found the bond styles and iron use fascinating. Some of it seems to be what's called Flemish bond of the type seen in parts of the Hudson River Valley in New York.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Interesting site. Belgian domain. English, French, with what, Walloon? Dutch? the primary language. Did you click through to the lists of existing and demolished ovens? There's hundreds of them. It's interesting that there are many more ovens in buildings than freestanding. I guess bakers would have wanted to work indoors in the low-country climate. Did you see the oven with the HUGE buttresses outside the building? I guess they didn't want that one to fall down.

Assuming that all those ovens are basically un-insulated it's no wonder that they are endangered. It must take a forest to heat one of them up.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Yea, that was some serious butt action...sorry I couldnt resist.