web analytics
The other kitchen - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 3 < >

Forum Page Loading Response

Forum Members:

We have received feedback regarding recent issues with page loading response time. We believe the slow response issue stems from the analytics we added with the new Forum. We are in the process of reconfiguring those elements and, after an approximate 24-hour time period for the reconfiguration to run, we anticipate a return to normal page load times. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 3 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
3 of 3 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

The other kitchen

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other kitchen

I have been working on my other kitchen for a while. My toys out grew the main kitchen so I took a back room that I was using for tool storage and converted it to a place to bake.

Most everything in this room was bought used and it required some refurbishing and lots of cleaning

The first picture has my 10' work bench, It was dismantled and I took the top to a cabinet shop( they had a sander that could sand the top in in a single sweep from side to side) I striped and painted the lower shelf and legs ( bread mold green) The picture also has my (new to me) Univex 20 quart mixer and the KA mixer.

The second picture has( left to right) my Acme 8 Sheeter/Molder, then the retarder, fridge, metro proofer, sheet pan rack. The shelf above is for storage of pans, forms, couche's and such. I also keep my wooden dough bowl above the proofer.

The third picture has my sink large enough for the mixer bowls and sheet pans...Then my big baby the Univex 30 quart mixer.

I have more works in process such as my Dutchess divider/rounder but I fear that I will need more space for that.

Anyway, I just thought I would share the place I enjoy to bake/play and leave the world behind.

The oven??? that is outside.
    Attached Files

Re: The other kitchen

Nice set up
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Hi Faith,
      you look like a very busy lady getting things arranged as you need them.
      You obviously need the commercial mixers and I wonder why you have the KA which looks like a toy alongside the 20 qt mixer. I have a 10qt and a Hobart 20qt mixer but really don't use them as they should be used, I need to get rid of one of them, just collecting dust.
      I also have a large lacey belt, the type that you got your cabinet shop to sand your benchtop. Did you oil/varnish/2 pack the top for the protection that it needs?

Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
      Neillís kitchen underway

On the table I just use mineral oil and reapply it regularly.

Yes the KA is cute and does look like a toy. We have named the 30q Papa Bear, 20q Moma Bear, the KA Baby Bear. I still use the KA regularly, it's great for other things I bake that I don't do in large batches like cookies or cheesecakes. I also use it for testing formulas (one or two loaves) that I may want to do in larger batches later.

Can't say I "need" any of it. Call them tools/toys or whatever. My hobby in my younger years was building and racing high performance motorcycles so this baking hobby is much cheaper and safer.

Now thats a nice set up, even got yourself a sheeter.....
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
            My hobby in my younger years was building and racing high performance motorcycles
            Youll enjoy this Faith.
            Just down the road from me lives a female top fuel racer.
            Ive met her a couple of times down the street and of course the talk always turns to drag racing.
            Rachelle and her hubby now make alloy drag rims for a living.

The Queen Of Speed - Graffiti Publications

Last edited by brickie in oz; 04-30-2013, 02:07 AM.
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Bravo, Faith!

Great setup! Well done!