web analytics
Downside of using Home oven for Proofing - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Downside of using Home oven for Proofing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downside of using Home oven for Proofing

I use my home oven to proof my bread, up until today it has worked well but for some reason my significant other decided to bake some dog treats today and turned up the home oven to 375 for pre-heat, Well.... a few things happened. The bread was in my nice wicker boules and covered in plastic wrap and plastic bowl covers. All melted down into the baskets, the bread got partially baked and I tried to salvage it by placing in to the WFO early but... Too hot and no oven spring due to the mistreatment earlier. Burned bottoms and dense as piece of wood.

Sample photos of a couple of the boules.

Oh well it is only bread... and the baskets did survive.

Attached Files

Re: Downside of using Home oven for Proofing

Hmm, could use it as reentry ablative heat shields for orbital insertion...
    Last edited by Lancer; 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM.