web analytics
proofing baskets - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

proofing baskets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proofing baskets

Has anyone out there ever attempted making their own bread proofing baskets?
    I'm thinking about trying it...heck - if I can build my own brick oven, I should be able to make a few bread proofing baskets, eh?

Cecelia

Re: proofing baskets

CecilB I know many professionals out there that have their Masters Degree in Basket Weaving...so I'm sure you can figure it out.

Personally for me it's not cost effective. I would rather pay the $9 for a few baskets then spend $6 on materials and $200 in my labor.

Take a look at these people
    Rattan Coiled Proofing Basket The Lucky Clover Trading Co.

They also have oblong and rectangular. I bought from them and was very satisfied with the product and doing business with them.

Have fun

Comment

Wow! thanks - but I would like the larger ones. And your right about the money/labour - the one I was looking at was 35 - 43 bucks! i want about 6 - 8 of the 'em!

Comment

Glad you liked the link. I bought a bunch myself.

Happy baking!

Comment

Faith, how heavy a loaf can you do in the Lucky Clover baskets?

Comment

I have the round ones and I usually do a 1.5 lb I can't remember for sure if I have ever done a 2 lb in them, but I think I have.

Comment

Working...
            X