web analytics
WANTED Firebricks/ materials in southern UK - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

WANTED Firebricks/ materials in southern UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Firebricks/ materials in southern UK

Hoping to finally start my oven build sometime soon & am looking for materials in the south of the UK (ideally somewhere between cambs & sussex)... anyone got a pile of bricks taking up space?

Happy to collect

Thanks
    My rustic oven;
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...oven-6770.html
    sigpic

Re: WANTED Firebricks/ materials in southern UK

PerryPizza,

just saw this thread of yours. I do! I've got a bunch of full, half and third bricks I don't need. I got them free from aureole along with a load of other material and am very happy to pass them on free if you want them. I think there are about 40, with about 20 whole ones and the rest mostly halves. I can count them tonight if you like. They aren't in perfect clean condition, and might not be the best for a cooking floor or maybe even for the dome if you are planning to build one of the millimeter perfect super-clean versions some people go for, but they look to be fine for regular use. I've also got a tub of premixed refractory mortar, 25kg fireclay and a couple of bags of lime.

I'm in Enfield, North London - less than 10 mins off the M25.

Any good to you?

Dave

Comment

Hi David,

That would be fantastic! I'm going to be in that area around the 23rd/24th May - does that fit in with you?
      My rustic oven;
      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not around that weekend. But I could easily leave the stuff somewhere accessible so you could pick it up?

Mail me offline:

dr at datcon dot co dot you can guess the country code

Comment

Hi Dave, just sent you a PM
          My rustic oven;
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X