web analytics
Stainless steel thermometers for sale - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Stainless steel thermometers for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel thermometers for sale

Aloha,
    I have several thermometers for sale that I found at our companies warehouse (we sell instrumentation devices, valves, tube fittings, etc.) that have been sitting on the shelves for quite a while. I recently built a WFO and used one by sinking it into the mortar in between the fire bricks, leaving a little extra gap for thermal expansion of course and it works great. I have several different temperature ranges, this one here goes to 400C, about 752F. I also have some that go to 550F, some to 300F, several that go to 100C and 200C, and some to 800F. I figured they may be of some use for some of you that dont need to get your oven soo hot or ever for a barbeque, low temp oven, compost pile, etc. and I can let these go at well below retail. Asking only $30ea. If you have a specific temperature range in mind let me know and I will see what I got...

Karl
    Attached Files

Re: Stainless steel thermometers for sale

How long is the probe end?

Comment

Not trying to be snarky or anything, but our hosts sell a terrific thermometer for $20
      Door Thermometer for Wood Oven :: Installation Accessories :: Forno Bravo Store
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

This particular one is 1/4" by 11 1/4" long. The probe portion that should be in contact with the heat source is 2" long. Other thermometers are differing in length. Ex. I have another thermometer that is 5 1/2" long by 1/4" wide.

Comment

ok well for those that may be interested I will match the price $20 ea and charge only what the actual shipping is... also the dial size for most are about 5" dia, quite a bit bigger than the 2" sold here (and much more expensive retail), so for those that may be looking for something a bit different or larger this may be a nice option.
          Last edited by Sananguero; 07-03-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I regularly get my dome to over 500˚C for pizzas.
            Do you have one suitable for these temps?

Cheers.

Neill
            Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
            Neillís kitchen underway
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I have one in C that reads to 450 and one in F that reads to 800...

Karl

Comment

Working...
              X