web analytics
Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza

I found this very simple recipe some while ago and have tested it successfully of a few occasions. Unlike this recipe, I just use the standard pizza dough (no sugar etc) but of course you can just mod it to your particular taste. It is pretty sweet with the caramelised sugar. Great served with vanilla ice cream or cream (or both)...

500g Pizza Dough
    500g Grapes (I use red and white for visual impact)
    125g Raw or Brown Sugar

Wash grapes, drain and toss with half the sugar. You can use the grapes whole if you don't mind the crunchiness but if it worries you, either de-seed them or use the seedless variety. Prepare a pizza pan or similar flat tray and brush with a little light oil.

Divide the dough into two and roll out the first of two base shapes for what will become a grape sandwich. Don't worry about making a perfect circle - rough enough is good enough. Place onto oiled pan.

Dot some of the grapes over the base leaving some space between them and sprinkle on a little more sugar.

Roll the second base shape and place it over the first layer pushing down around the edge to seal it.

Add more of the grapes, pushing them in the valleys formed by the grapes underneath, and sprinkle with the remainder of the sugar.

Bake in a hot oven (or wood fired oven if you have one) at 200șC for about 40 minutes.
    / Rossco

Re: Schiacciata - Sweet Pizza

Mmmmh, that sounds really good!

You could probably use other fruit too, right? I imagine figs would taste great, or blackberries... what else? I'm finding it hard to think of fresh fruit here in the middle of Winter.
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)