web analytics
Using LeCreusett lid as saute pan? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Using LeCreusett lid as saute pan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using LeCreusett lid as saute pan?

Has anyone ever used the lid as a skillet? Had a brainstorm when I set the lid down and it balanced nicely. I replaced the usual plastic knob with a stainless steel ($14). Used it to cook the onions in olive oil for a rissotto then dumped them in the 3 quart oval pot along with rice and chicken broth.
    Cooked it along with shrimp on a cast iron griddle. Just pushed the pot to the back of the oven. Later after the shrimp where done, put in a rack of ribs and closed the door. Got the shrimp from Billy's Seafood in Gulf Shores AL.
    They will ship anywhere.
    sigpic

Re: Using LeCreusett lid as saute pan?

HI Mike,

Naw, we haven't used the lid as a pan... We have a few different cast iron skillets - mostly small - and use them often in the wood oven.. I'd be for ever tipping the thing over if it was only standing on the knob... and it's nice to have a handle...

JED

Comment

Working...
    X