web analytics
Pork shoulder sandwiches - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Pork shoulder sandwiches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork shoulder sandwiches

I cooked up a 5 1/2 lb. pork shoulder yesterday. I fired the oven up around 7 in the morning for an hour, then let it cool down with the door half open. I browned the shoulder in a cast iron pan with some salt and pepper, then poured a mixture of palm/brown sugar, garlic, paprika de la vera dulce, juice from 1/2 a lime and water over the shoulder. Tossed in some onion, carrot, coriander seed, and red pepper, then placed it in the oven around noon. The temperature was around 400. I left it alone for two hours, then turned it and put it back in for another 2 1/2 hours. After letting the shoulder rest for half an hour, it was ready to go. Man, that was delicious! I made some rolls to make sandwiches, too (Clayton's recipe for hamburger buns with 1 cup of whole wheat flour and about 1/4 cup of my sour starter). We sliced some Irish cheddar and some mild gurkens (similar to bread and butter pickles). I'll be making this again!
Working...
X