web analytics
Tonights Pizza - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Tonights Pizza

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights Pizza

Fired up my portable pizza oven in the driveway tonight and made the neighbors jealous :-)
    Here is the link for some pics if you want to see. I made a set called Pizza.
    Flickr: telehort's Photostream

Re: Tonights Pizza

Was that a portable in the driveway?
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

yes it is.
      While not in my driveway, here is a pic of the oven

That is some of the best looking pizza I have seen on the site. Can you post the dough recipe, processes and floor temps. I am still experimenting with flours, starters, temps to try and arrive at the place you seem to be.

thanks Jim for the kind words.
          As far as the dough recipe I am currently using Reinharts Neo-Neoploitan recipe from his American Pie book. My deck temps run about 850 or so when cooking. I am using Guistos Peak Performer flour and have had good luck with that for both my dough and breads.

Wow...those are some great looking pizzas! Drooled all over my keyboard.
            "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

One more question. What are you using on your peel (semolina, rice flour, corn meal . . .)?

Jim - I use wooden peels to load pizzas in the oven, I have used both semolina and rice flour over the past and like both, but have been using rice flour a bit more lately.

Thanks again, very helpful.

I am intrigued by the oven on a trailor (thinking about doing the same over here). What prevents the whole thing cracking when the trailor goes over bumps? or do you just drive very slowly!

I had thoughts about the oven cracking as well while I was thinking about getting it. I can tell you that I haven't seen any sign of cracking yet, and I have put about 200 miles on the trailer since I have had it. I did opt for the double axel which added weight, but I beleive helps with a smoother ride. I also do drive a it more careful when pulling it, partly because it weights about 3800 pounds, but also because I try to be as careful as I can when going down the road. The worst wear I have seen is that a couple times a small amount of mortar has fallen from inside the oven and is on the floor when I get somewhere and take the door off, but this hasn't caused me any concern and may be something that once a year or so I may need to do a bit of patchwork.

I'm going to build on a trailer as well, and I don't think the over bumps part will be a nerve wracking as the forces of hard braking. A dome seems more equipped to handle downward forces, even shock, than it does side forces.

How are you guys going to prevent the whole mess from sliding?

I was thinking sticky tape!
                          I hadn't thought that far yet, just a vague idea that it might go down well at local fairs etc. I guess the first course would have to be mortared to the base unlike the normal plans? Maybe a cast dome bolted to the trailer?

Did something a little different tonight, my kids planned on having 11 of thier friends over so I thought I would take advantage of firing the oven up and on Wednesday I put some fliers offering pizzas to my neighbors for $10 each. I actually ended up selling 19 pizzas to the neighbors and then after getting those done I moved on to 25 personal pizzas and let each of the kids a make thier own. They were eating pizzas as fast as I could get them out of the oven. The neighbors thought it was the greast thing ever and have asked me to do it again next week.