web analytics
4th of July pizzas - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

4th of July pizzas

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July pizzas

I cooked my first pizzas in my oven tonight, we did 16 pizzas for 14 people. I did 250g crusts and a variety of toppings..but mainly a garlic, pepperoni mix as that is a personal favorite. The pizzas were fantastic and I can see that the oven will be getting much use.
    I was a bit concerned as I have been curing the oven and had not cooked anything so I thought I was a bit aggresive in trying a party for the "maiden voyage". I started my fire about 2.5 hours early and it was a thrill to watch the walls go white. It was 108 degrees in the backyard this afternoon and my wife thought I was crazy to sit in front of the oven for that long watching the fire as the temp was creeping higher and higher, but there was almost nothing else in the world that I would have rather been doing.

Re: 4th of July pizzas

How low is Folsom reservoire?

I also cooked in my oven for the first time on the 4th. I was so excited I didnt let the oven get as hot as I should have. The fire slowed down after I pushed the coals over. It took about 5 minutes to cook each pizza. I have 4 dough balls left so I will do it again today. This time I will be sure to get the oven hot. Can you tell me who built your oven?

jengineer - fortunatly I work from home so I no longer have to commute past the Folsom reservoir, but the last time I looked (a few months ago) it was lower than I had seen in years, and with the heat we have been having I can only imagine it is even getting lower.
        nyknicks - I built it myself. I still need to finish the enclosure and such, but the oven is functional!