web analytics
Meats and Breads! - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Meats and Breads!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meats and Breads!

Flank Steak, 7lb Rib Roast and various breads. Not all in one night of course.
    Attached Files

Re: Meats and Breads!

Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmar View Post
      Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!
      me too Looks awesome
      Link to my oven build on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb7lqVcSzQ

Comment

Ditto........would love to get the roast recipe......cheers

Comment

Boy, it's been a long time since I saw this thread. My notes aren't so great for the roast, I wasn't detailed enough looking at them now.

The roast:
          3 rib from the local grocery store. I used Penzey's Bicentennial Rub on it while it sat out for 2 hours prior to cooking it. I wrapped it in aluminum foil prior to putting in the oven.

I fired the oven up to temperature and allowed it too cool to about 550 degrees and put the roast in. I checked after 45 mins and the temp had dropped to about 400 and then I started up a small log to add some heat and rotated the roast every 15 to 20 mins. I took the aluminum foil off for the last 30 mins or so to allow it to crust up a bit. I can't remember time wise, but about 90mins for it to cook. I gauged on temp of the roast, not time.

I will do another roast again, whenever it goes on sale again. This time, I will put the meat in at a lower temperature and allow some hickory chunks to smolder, giving it a smokier and robust taste. I'm not sure if I ever would cook the roast at super high temps, like a piece of steak, so im open to suggestions on how that would work out.

Comment

Thank you Bravo (and am sure my family does to) . will be giving this a go this weekend...............cheers

Comment

Working...
            X