web analytics
Meats and Breads! - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Meats and Breads!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meats and Breads!

Flank Steak, 7lb Rib Roast and various breads. Not all in one night of course.
    Attached Files

Re: Meats and Breads!

Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!

Originally posted by Jmar View Post
      Wow, can I have some details on the rib roast? Looks Amazing!
      me too Looks awesome
      Link to my oven build on YouTube:

Ditto........would love to get the roast recipe......cheers

Boy, it's been a long time since I saw this thread. My notes aren't so great for the roast, I wasn't detailed enough looking at them now.

The roast:
          3 rib from the local grocery store. I used Penzey's Bicentennial Rub on it while it sat out for 2 hours prior to cooking it. I wrapped it in aluminum foil prior to putting in the oven.

I fired the oven up to temperature and allowed it too cool to about 550 degrees and put the roast in. I checked after 45 mins and the temp had dropped to about 400 and then I started up a small log to add some heat and rotated the roast every 15 to 20 mins. I took the aluminum foil off for the last 30 mins or so to allow it to crust up a bit. I can't remember time wise, but about 90mins for it to cook. I gauged on temp of the roast, not time.

I will do another roast again, whenever it goes on sale again. This time, I will put the meat in at a lower temperature and allow some hickory chunks to smolder, giving it a smokier and robust taste. I'm not sure if I ever would cook the roast at super high temps, like a piece of steak, so im open to suggestions on how that would work out.

Thank you Bravo (and am sure my family does to) . will be giving this a go this weekend...............cheers