web analytics
Muffins, Pizza, Foccasia, Turkey - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Muffins, Pizza, Foccasia, Turkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffins, Pizza, Foccasia, Turkey

After an evening of pizza, the next morning:

Oven Casa2G 100

Oven temperature at 8:00am 425 degrees: Pan of blueberry muffins (elevated on a Tuscan Grill), a Chicago Style deep dish pizza - using left over ingredients from the previous evening, and a Stromboli. All turned out very well and golden brown.

I choose to elevate certain things to prevent burning the bottom:

Roasted Turkey - Stats:

Oven Temperature: 375 degrees (cheap oven thermometer on the floor) Actual floor temperature estimated at 400+ degrees. (I forgot to take that reading).
    Door Temperature: 300
    Turkey: 10.9 pound Butterball. Whole Onion and celery stuffed in both cavities. Rubbed with butter & seasonings. Wireless meat thermometer inserted into the breast.
    Steel Roaster covered and elevated off the floor with a Tuscan Grill
    Cook time: In at 1025 hours out: 1325 hours. 3 hours elapsed cooking time
    Internal reading at 1105 hours. 30 minutes elapsed time: 160 Degrees. Wireless thermometer reinserted into the breast. New reading 93 degrees.
    1325 hours wireless temperature reading 208 degrees. Second (handheld) meat thermometer confirms 208 degrees.

Note: Turkey is done at 175 internal breast temperature; 180 degrees in the thigh. Generally roasted at 15/20 minute per pound at 325 degrees.

I had to leave unexpectedly during roasting, but I speculate that it was done at about 2.5 hours of roasting.

Conclusion: Success! I'm glad I used a Butterball Turkey. The pre-brine must have saved the bird, because it wasn't dry. Covering the bird is necessary. It was nice and brown. I think because it was elevated, the dome heat played a significant role. Afterwards I did a pan of stuffing in a steel pan right on the floor for about an hour, and a pan of foccasia elevated on the grill. Both worked very well.

I elected to start roasting the turkey at 375 in thinking that I should compensate for temperature drop. But this wasn't the case. I speculate I could have waited until the oven dropped to 325 and roasted for a longer time.
Working...
X