web analytics
Beef Round Roast - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

New Forno Bravo Forum Feature

Forno Bravo Forum Community,

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Beef Round Roast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Round Roast

After doing pizza on Sunday night my oven temp was down to 275F late Tuesday night, exactly 48 hours later so I decided to throw in a roast overnight.
    I rubbed it with a mix of brown sugar, paprika, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, and salt. I slid the roast into the wfo around midnight.
    I was hoping when I woke up this morning the internal meat temp would be around 140F max but instead had shot up to 150F. Not good. I pulled it out, rested it for about half an hour before carving it. Too well done for my taste but the roast came out very tender.....not bad for a cheap piece of roast... The oven temp was down to 210F this morning.
    I took half of the roast to work this morning to make sandwiches to share with a couple of co-workers.
    Last edited by fxpose; 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM.
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Re: Beef Round Roast

Looks yummy George, I like the rack, did you make it or if you bought it where could I find it?
    Thanks

Comment

Hi, it's a rib rack I ordered from these guys:

Rib Racks for barbecue grills

The rack was too long to fit in my Weber when I originally got it so I chopped it down to two smaller racks.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.

Comment

Originally posted by tpd View Post
          That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.
          Thanks.
          It's been very warm in L.A. this week with rather warm overnight lows so I'm sure that helped a little.
          But overall, I've been pleased with the way this oven has been holding temps.
          George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Working...
          X