web analytics
Beef Round Roast - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Beef Round Roast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Round Roast

After doing pizza on Sunday night my oven temp was down to 275F late Tuesday night, exactly 48 hours later so I decided to throw in a roast overnight.
    I rubbed it with a mix of brown sugar, paprika, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, and salt. I slid the roast into the wfo around midnight.
    I was hoping when I woke up this morning the internal meat temp would be around 140F max but instead had shot up to 150F. Not good. I pulled it out, rested it for about half an hour before carving it. Too well done for my taste but the roast came out very tender.....not bad for a cheap piece of roast... The oven temp was down to 210F this morning.
    I took half of the roast to work this morning to make sandwiches to share with a couple of co-workers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fxpose; 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM.
    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Re: Beef Round Roast

Looks yummy George, I like the rack, did you make it or if you bought it where could I find it?
    Thanks

Comment

Hi, it's a rib rack I ordered from these guys:

Rib Racks for barbecue grills

The rack was too long to fit in my Weber when I originally got it so I chopped it down to two smaller racks.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.

Comment

Originally posted by tpd View Post
          That roast looks delicious, I can't believe your oven holds temperature that long.
          Thanks.
          It's been very warm in L.A. this week with rather warm overnight lows so I'm sure that helped a little.
          But overall, I've been pleased with the way this oven has been holding temps.
          George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

Working...
          X