web analytics
***New Door Thermometer*** - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

***New Door Thermometer***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***New Door Thermometer***

Hello All,,
    Did you get the email October 2009 newsletter from james showing all the new thermometers ? I should be receiving my new door thermometer next week,, cant wait, Should make baking a lot easier !!!! price is very reasonable too... I am gonna rebuild my door in the meantime and get it ready for the thermometer..Door Thermometer for Wood Oven :: Thermometers :: Forno Bravo Store

Thanks james for some more cool stuff....

Truly
    Mark
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:50 PM.

Re: ***New Door Thermometer***

Hey guess what arrived in time to cook xmas dinner? My new door thermometer! I had scalvaged one off the BBQ lid that is my ash/coal pan , but it was pretty sketchy and slow ..
    . Much better with the new FB one faster[ response] , higher [temperature ],
    stronger... stainless..

me happy!l

Comment

I picked up one of these thermometers from Forno Bravo last week, and installed it into my converted charcoal grill - http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...sion-9229.html. Without trying, the thermometer showed that I had reached an inside temperature of 925 F! And it was still climbing when I finally turned down the gas. The thermometer is a nice gadget...
      Ed
      Attached Files

Comment

The description on the thermometer says

"temperature range to 800ºF"

Does it read past 800?
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

The thermometer I got from FB (the $20 door thermometer, just to be clear) maxes out at 1000F/550C. Since the pizza stones were reading 800+ F with the infrared thermometer, reading 900+ F in the airspace between the stones is reasonable. In other words, I do not think the thermometer has the wrong faceplate, and is really a 1000F thermometer.
          Ed
          Attached Files

Comment

I ust got my thermometer,, Hoping to install it in the door tonight

cheers
            mark

Comment

Hi guys,

Glad you like the FB door thermometer. To clarify, thermometer is good to 550ºC/1022ºF -- I have fixed the listing on the FB Store. Thanks for pointing that out.

James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
                Is it possible to have this item shipped out via USPS Flat Rate Box? FedEx(cuse) is very very bad where I live. I could rant on on how bad but when at all possible I use somebody else.

Thanks,
                Wiley

Comment

Also James,
                  I think that were some postings where the FB store would not post/ship to Australia!
                  Is that still the case as I would like to order one, maybe other
                  I just got the shipping price of the thermometer to Australia and you have to be joking James, $115.80 postage and handling!
                  I just ordered 2 books from Amazon (California) and the total to send them was only $25,76 for both! Why is a small thermometer so expensive?

Neill
                  Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                  Neill’s kitchen underway
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Hey Neill,

I'm surprised you got a quote. Our system is configured to not sell outside of North America, though I guess a few odd ones get through. We are talking about a $20 thermometer, after all. Perhaps you could swim here and pick one up. :-) It would be great exercise.

Stay tuned for a few more days on our plans for Australia. It's going to be fun.
                    James
                    Last edited by james; 01-05-2010, 10:33 PM.
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Don't laugh James, I was ready to fly to NY to dismantle and bring back a long arm embroidery machine for my wife late last year. It would have worked out much cheaper than buying through the agents, and I'm talking $15000!
                      She has since ordered a new one due next month from a different manufacturer.

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                      Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Well , just to pipe in , I am happy with my new door thermometer and to ship to canada turned it from $20 to more like $50 , but what the heck it was a xmas present for the oven [so it won't sulk about having to go through yet another winter under a tarp]
                        tim

Comment

Tim,
                          I'm not sulking about the price, just the inconsistencies that exist.
                          I can get a 3kg book (the Silver Spoon) from the states to Australia for $35, 2 other books this week for around $24 yet a small thermometer costs $115!
                          Where is the parity, logic or whatever here.
                          Also James said:
                          I'm surprised you got a quote. Our system is configured to not sell outside of North America
                          I'd like to find the reason(s) why.
                          I have found that buying from US ebay sellers that the postage costs are extreme and not viable (eg US $240 to post out a spiral dough hook when I got 2 posted halfway across Australia for $19) it's a joke and the sellers are paying for it in lost sales,
                          I got a price of $840 for a piece of equipment postage yet I can get an economy return air fare for close to that, to come over and collect it!

Neill

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                          Neill’s kitchen underway

Comment

Of course Neill, the easiest solution to this problem is having inventory in Australia and selling in A$ locally. Which is what Forno Bravo Australia will be doing.

Give us just a little more time, and it will be easy to buy an FB oven locally -- for not much more than the cost of bricks and insulation.

James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Neill,.
                              i was not suggesting you were sulking , just my oven .
                              I used to buy a lot of books from the states on ABE books and now the shipping is always more than the book price , and the bookseller I talked to knew that he was losing sales . I am only 2 1/2hrs from the border.
                              Don't get me started about Fedex or Ups , they made more $ on my product [art pottery ] than I did over the years, It was the main reason I collapsed my number of galleries that used to span north america down to ones I could drive to .
                              Snow is still falling , have to dig out the WFO for bread tomorrow.
                              tim

Comment

Working...
                              X