web analytics
Tenderloin - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Tenderloin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenderloin

I'm sure this will work in a brick oven, as I have used the same method in my gas oven, propane grill as well as over an open fire while camping. I like to take a beef tenderloin or better yet a venison back strap, and marinade in in a glass or metal bread pan in a mixture of 1 cup of beer, 3/4 cup of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of Montreal steak spice (double it if your mix does not cover the meat totally). I marinade it, submerged, in the refrigerator for 24 hours covered in saran wrap. I remove the saran wrap and replace it with foil. I then place it in the oven at 325 degrees F until the internal temp hits 135. Setting it aside for 15 minutes insures that the temp will rise to a safe level, and won't allow you to over cook it (which is hard since it sits in a bath of marinade.

Re: Tenderloin

Oh yeah, that'll work! Sound great!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Re: Tenderloin

the word tender springs to mind when reading your post mclane
      Cheers
      Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
      X