web analytics
Mexican Chicken Can anyone help? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Mexican Chicken Can anyone help?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Chicken Can anyone help?

Hi All,

Having a Mexican themed NYE party. I have just dressed 5 free range, home schooled chickens from my yard and need a Mexican recipe for WFO roast chicken.
    Can anyone help please?

Re: Mexican Chicken Can anyone help?

check this site out ..... Best Recipes - Christmas recipes, rocky road and shortbread recipes

I love roasting whole chickens in the oven, atop whatever root vegetables and fruits we have. Have done this for years in our kitchen oven, and now with the WFO outside, had a very successful first WFO attempt.

Chopped up all the sweet and regular potatoes with a quartered orange, and layered them in bottom of a cast iron casserole pan. Salt/pepper/rosemary/olive oil to coat.

Made a quick marinade of fresh squeezed orange juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper. I like to mince the rosemary with the salt before adding to something like this.

Cleaned and dried the bird as it came up to room temp, then loosened skin and poured most of the marinade between skin and meat. Any leftovers went all over outside and then down to veggies in bottom of pan. Stuffed cavity with the sqeezed-out oranges, and placed bird over veggie layer.

Roasted this in WFO at 550degF for 30min, turned the chicken over, and roasted about 15min longer. Everything turned out perfect, and the sugars in the orange juice really did a number on everything as they caramelized. This was my best chicken yet.

Another recipe I like to use comes from the Elote Cafe in Sedona, AZ. They use a rub/cure for most of their meats, and I make a bunch so that there's always some ready to go.
      -1c kosher salt
      -1c brown sugar
      -1T cumin
      -1T allspice
      -2T ground ancho chile
      -1T granulated garlic
      -1T fresh ground pepper
      This cure is awesome for anything, but for chicken it's awesome. Smoking the chicken after it's been rubbed with this cure makes for a heavenly chicken that works very well for tacos.

Whats the "T" stand for? Teaspoon? Tablespoon?

Originally posted by Billz View Post
          Whats the "T" stand for? Teaspoon? Tablespoon?
          Can't speak for the poster of the recipe, but generally a capital "T" would mean tablespoon and a small "t" would mean teaspoon.

Yep, big T for Tablespoon. Hope you give it a shot, but hope you like it, mostly.

There are different styles of Mexican cooking. Are you thinking of Tex-Mex style, interior Mexico, West coast or East coast or Indian?

I can give you some style cues for each, if not actual recipes.