web analytics
Beef Stew - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Beef Stew

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Stew

I did a beef stew yesterday, using a recipe from Barbara Kafka's great book Roasting- a simple art. I made a double batch, as we are hosting the extended family for the holiday. This isn't even for a meal proper, just fill in food.

Took bigger than you would think cut up beef pieces, and in a bowl with some evoo, fresh cracked pepper (we just got a battery powered pepper grinder..it is so great, you have to get one) and kosher salt. Coated the meat. Fully saturated oven, probably 560 or so. Big jelly roll pan, so that none of meat is touching. about 12 min per side. got nice and brown. Put that into the stew pot. Then, potatoes, carrots, onions, all chopped up, oiled, salt and pepper, then roasted, nobody touching their neighbors. nice charred spots. Then that goes into the stew pot, then whatever you normally put in your stew (red wine, beef broth, spices, tomatoes, etc)

simmer on low, then cool overnight to blend the flavors.
    Attached Files

Re: Beef Stew

Sounds tasty!
    My oven (for now):