web analytics
Good sweet potato recipe? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Good sweet potato recipe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sweet potato recipe?

James, you were asking a few days ago if anyone had any good sweet potato recipes – I don’t know yet if this one is as good as it sounds to me (quite different!) but I generally like just about every recipe I have ever tried from this source (for Ontarians, the 2007 Holiday issue of LCBO’s Food & Drink magazine – for others, you can follow this link to some great recipes from past issues: LCBO Food and Drink ).

I plan to try this soon – I think it’s easily adaptable to a brick oven, apart from the very last step - but if anyone beats me to it, let me know how it turns out:

Sweet Potato & Sage Brulee

4 sweet potatoes (about 3 lbs.)
    salt & fresh grated pepper
    2 eggs, beaten
    ½ cup whipping cream
    2 tbsp finely chopped sage
    1 cup fresh grated Parmesan chees
    3 tbsp butter
    ¼ cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375F, prick sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 45 minutes to one hour, till tender. Let cool.

Scoop sweet potato flesh into a bowl (should have approx. 4 cups) and mash well. Season with salt & pepper. Whisk in eggs, whipping cream, sage & Parmesan. If mixture is very thick, stir in extra cream.

Place in buttered medium-sized ovenproof baking dish, dot with butter & bake 20 minutes, till hot & softly set.

Sift the brow sugar evenly on top, then broil, watching constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes, till sugar bubbles & turns golden. Serve while hot.

Serves 8.

Re: Good sweet potato recipe?

Sarah, I would even add fresh basil, chives, a little mint, touch of curry, splash of Wershershire.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Hello guys,here im going to share my experience,

Candied Sweet Potatoes Yams

Ingredients

6 medium sweet potatoes
      3/4 cup sugar
      1/3 cup dark Karo syrup
      2 1/2 tablespoons butter or oleo
      1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
      3/4 cup water
      1 teaspoon vanilla

Boil potatoes until tender, but not overcooked. Peel off skins. Cut in halves lengthwise. Place in baking dish. Add sugar, syrup, nutmeg, cinnamon, water and vanilla.Dot top with butter or oleo. Bake in 375 oven until thick syrup is formed. Bast frequently. About 45 to 55 minutes.Go and try this receipe its a great taste..
      kitchen faucets

Comment

I like to make a sweet potato gratin with thin sliced potatoes, sage, caramelized onions, ground ancho chili, and a béchamel/fontina white sauce.

Stan

Comment

Working...
        X