web analytics
How many loads? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

How many loads?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many loads?

Does anyone know how many loads of bread I can bake without refiring my oven? And what is the hotest temp I can use for my first load?

Re: How many loads?

You can only know by trying!

It is primarily a function of the mass of your oven, its insulation quality, and how long you fire it.

Without knowing how your oven is constructed or how it was fired, no one can even begin to answer your question.

Re: How many loads?

Jay, I just wanted to tell you that we did experiment and learned a lot about our oven. When the oven floor got to about 575 degrees we started. We got 2 loads of 20 loaves each (italian hearth style bread, very crusty) done very nicely. But after loading the third set of 20 loaves the temperature went way down to about 375-400 degrees on the floor, and although they cooked, it took about 45 or more minutes, and the crust was not nearly so brown, but it was done and the inside was good. So, in the future we now know that with one firing of wood we can get about 40 loaves (wet they weighed a little over 1 lb each) done nicely. More than that, you better be ready to start a fire again and bring the temperature up to repeat the whole process. Experience is the best teacher!