web analytics
Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

I have been looking for a classic recipe for cracker bread. I have looked everywhere. I usually get a flat bread which rises to about 1/2" thick. I want crunchy wafer thin craker bread. Thanks!

Re: Classic flat bread or cracker bread recipe

There is a great one in Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice. If you don't have it, we can list the recipe here.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I do Reinhart's lavash recipe regularly. And his book Bread Baker's Apprentice is highly recommended. But if you Google flatbread you can find other good recipes such as this one.

Semolina-Sesame Flatbread Crackers Recipe | Wild Yeast

Good luck! Crackers and flatbread are fun!
      Jay

Comment

There's also a good one in Baking With Julia. It's always a hit at parties when we make them.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaMac View Post
          I have been looking for a classic recipe for cracker bread. I have looked everywhere. I usually get a flat bread which rises to about 1/2" thick. I want crunchy wafer thin craker bread. Thanks!
          Try Peter Reinhart's recipe for peppery cracker bread in Crust & Crumb, page 136 ff.

Makes lovely strips of crackers - and the dough can also be used for pizza!

Cheers,

LMH
          "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Sounds as if you want Carta di Musica: Literally "sheet music". This cracker/bread is supposed to be so thin you can read through it! Delicious and crunchy; if you add some seeds to the dough, it does actually look like old parchment paper music sheets! The King Arthur Flour Bread Book has an excellent recipe that I have made many times...

Comment

Working...
            X