web analytics
Daily Focaccia - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Daily Focaccia

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Focaccia

We make Focaccia most nights when we don't have a good hearth bread in the house. It's so simple and it is so much better than most bread you can buy. It's better in a brick oven, but it also does pretty well in a conventional oven.

It is basically a pizza dough recipe, laced with good olive oil. More oil in the baking tray and on the dough, and a sprinkle of oil when it comes hot out of the oven.

I use the Caputo flour, which is great for a light flatbread like this. Bread flour also works.

Attached Files
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

I've experimented a bit with focaccia recipes and found something you might want to experiment with. Most recipes call for AP flour, but Peter Reinhart uses bread flour, which, I think, makes a better bread. However, you might try mixing half bread flour and half fancy durham flour. The result is interesting.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

I made a focaccia tonight with my Giusto's bread flour. You can definitely see the difference from the Tipo 00 flour. I also experimented with a pizza stone temperatures, but more on that later.

The high gluten bread flour has more density in your hand when you are kneading, and the final bread had more substance. I think mixing it with half AP might lighten the final result. It might be a little heavy and the holes too dense for a flat bread.

What should I look for with the durham flour?

Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces