web analytics
Steaming? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Steaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaming?

Hey, has anyone tried throwing in a wet piece of towel to get their steam for bread baking? Or maybe some vessel with a small hole in it?

A slow release steam without opening the door??
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Steaming?

I usually put a cast iron pan in and then pour in some water. What works better is to seal the door with wet rags.

Slow release....thats sounds like it might work better - I will have to try it
    Cheers
    Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Daniel Leader suggests putting in some ice cubes, in a suitable container e.g. cast iron grill pan - haven't tried this, but it sounds 'slow-release' to me :-)

LMH
      "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Can someone post some pictures of how they seal the door with rags? I tried, but it was just too much of a pain. I have started putting a cast iron pan with hot water in a few minutes before I load. Enough water, and it steams the whole time. I don't really understand the ice cube idea - I think it provides the same amount of steam, just defers it to later in the bake, after it's most useful. Not to be a broken record, but as I said here, closing the flue has done amazing things for my steam retention. When I open the door late in the bake, there's still steam pouring out, and I actually have to open the flue to suck the steam out to finish the crusts in a dry oven.

Comment

Working...
        X