web analytics
Baguette Recipe - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Baguette Recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baguette Recipe

After a serious few hours splitting well seasoned wood yesterday, I ran a couple of test pizzas through the WFO and decided to make a couple of baguettes to test my 290C heated oven from yesterday.

Recipe for those who may want to give it a go (round off as necessary):

Item -- Weight(g) -- %
    Flour -- 295.9 -- 100.0%
    Water -- 192.3 -- 65.0%
    Salt -- 5.9 -- 2.0%
    Yeast -- 5.9 -- 2.0%

Combine all ingredients using mixer. Cover and proof on bench for 90 mins. Shape as per video, proof after shaping for 1 hour. Slash with blade.
    Bake in 290C oven for 20-30 mins. Add ice blocks/water to oven for additional steam for spring and crispness.

Video: Traditional French Baguettes on Vimeo

Adapted from The Fresh Loaf recipe.

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by heliman; 12-14-2013, 06:03 PM.
    / Rossco

Re: Baguette Recipe

Thanks for the recipe! I'll give it a go. I am just starting to bake bread in my oven & was looking for an easy recipe. I guess "easy" is subjective. I have the FB Bread baking file and was going to start with the Whole Wheat Loaf first and then make my way towards baguettes. I need to work on my oven door first.

Comment

Good luck with your baking.

I made 6 loaves today and all came out very well. It may be worth tweaking the recipe a bit in terms of the the hydration. I upped mine a bit to mirror the consistency of the dough in the video.
      / Rossco

Comment

nice job. recipe looks good.

Comment

Here's another baguette formula (attached as a pdf for 6 baguettes) that uses both a levain and a poolish component. (My sourdough is named Chef Bill - pun intended. Note that in doing the levain, I always make sure Bill is active before proceeding.)

I make between 12-18 baguettes with this formula every Friday I'm home and it hasn't failed me yet. I purchase the pale (6-row) malt grain at a brewery supply and run it through my spice grinder to produce a nice flour texture. Although some folks think the enzymes provided by the malt grains are overkill, I really think they add a nice dimension of flavor to the finished product. Frankly, I've started adding it to all my breads for that reason. My base flour is Harvest King (the 50# sack name for Gold Medal, Better for Bread flour). Hope the pdf of my spreadsheet makes sense...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SableSprings; 12-16-2013, 01:19 PM.
          Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
          Roseburg, Oregon ( www.sablesprings.com )

Photo albums
          (working on restoration after web site upgrade )

Comment

i am getting concerned that none of my postings or even the reply s are being posted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CapeFearHydroGardens View Post
              i am getting concerned that none of my postings or even the reply s are being posted at all.
              CapeFearHG, your duplicate threads (one in "Hearth & flatbreads" and one in "What I cooked last night") both posted fine. I'm a little unclear about your concern...relax, not every posting or thread gets an immediate response or member following.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Heliman
              Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
              Roseburg, Oregon ( www.sablesprings.com )

Photo albums
              (working on restoration after web site upgrade )

Comment

i was merely concerned because when i clicked on my own name it still said i have zero postings. I am glad to know it worked that's all I am on another forum and it seems that that forum is completely dead so my concern was that this is an old forum that has run it course so to speak. i am very glad to know it is alive and well. I have learned a lot from this forum and i wished to contribute to sort of pay it forward so to speak. thanks for replying

Comment

Working...
                X