web analytics
Ciabatta technique video - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Ciabatta technique video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciabatta technique video

We just posted posted a new video on shaping Ciabattas, and guess what. We see Jim's face! The videos just keep getting better and better.

One comment. Jim and I have talked, and there are two methods of making a Ciabatta. One calls for making a torpedo, then shaping the loaf, the second calls for a three-way letter fold. Jim did the first one from the Carol Field, The Italian Baker technique, and has promised to do a second one using the three fold. We can all share ideas on which works better, etc. We are also following up with a bread peel video.

I will buy a bakery Ciabatta here and take some photos as well.

As always, thanks Jim! These are great.
    James

http://www.fornobravo.com/video/ciabatta.mov
    Last edited by james; 02-09-2007, 09:52 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Ciabatta technique video

James,

Thanks. I think the videos are getting better as I ride the learning curve. My girlfriend, Wendy Carlson, was the operator on this one, and for a first go she didn't do at all badly. The Firewire card and software I bought seems to have helped the resolution. My apologies for mispronouncing Ciabatta; I'll not do that again.

The three-fold maneuver will be next on the list.

Ahem, I've never seen a photograph of me that I liked, ditto video, but there you are.

Jim
    Last edited by CanuckJim; 02-09-2007, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
    X