web analytics
getting the raised dough into the oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

getting the raised dough into the oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the raised dough into the oven

Is there a given technique to get your raised bread dough from the counter to the oven. (If not using a pan)

I kept waiting for the risen dough to fall as I damaged the loaf. It worked out okay on my first try (4 round loaves) but it was stressful. I used a heavily floured surface and floured the peel to slide under the loaf. (I would have probably used cornmeal if I had some.)

I'm curious if this is an issue. Obviously bakers have been doing this for centuries so there are given ways. I'd hate to go through all that work to have my loaf fall!
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: getting the raised dough into the oven

If your loaves are not overproofed, they won't fall as you transfer them from the counter to the peel. One of the things I do sometimes, particularly with high hydration baguette, is to slide a long, flexible, floured spatula under the loaves to help in moving them. Still, I wouldn't worry unduly, because even is the dough seems to spread a bit once transferred, oven spring will take over and give you good volume. You might also want to consider learning how to use proofing baskets.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Proffing baskets?

tell me about the proofing baskets.

We have one that is a basket outside and cloth lined. I think the idea is to flour the cloth and put the dough in it. Is that about right?

I think I've seen some baskets without the cloth too. Are there other baskets and techniques you're thinking about?

And then what is the next step? Do you take the basket to the oven and turn your dough onto the hearth?

Feliz Ano
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!