web analytics
First Real Attempt at Bread - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

First Real Attempt at Bread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Real Attempt at Bread

I'm actually having a tuna chunks and fresh tomato with a drizzle of balsamic on my bread as I'm writing this. It is tasty.
    For a first real attempt at bread I am extremely please. I did try a quick one last week and it came out good but I didn't put a lot of thought into it so that is why I'm calling this my first real attempt. I tried one with all purpose flour and the other with bread (high gluten) flour. The taste was the same. It was in the consistency that there was a difference. One was a little denser than the other. Of course the guests couldn't wait to dive into it and only let it stand for about 1/2 hour so it didn't have enough time to relax but they went wild. I hid the other one and am enjoying that now and will do the same tonight with a tomato salad and a lot of juice so I can dunk. I am going to try and get a little more air space in the middle and if anyone has any suggestions that have worked for them ( times, temp, kneading. etc) please feel free to pass them along. Other than that I am very pleased with the overall result. You can go to my pictures to check the bread out.
Working...
X