web analytics
Pork Tenderloin - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Pork Tenderloin

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Tenderloin

Baked, literally, a ton of bread last week for a local restaurant. Sold out. Whew! Anyway, a few days later the oven was still hovering at 200 F on the hearth. Coincidentally, a local market had a sale on pork tenderloin that I couldn't ignore. Bought four, got out the big cast iron pot, seared the meat, added pork stock that had been used previously for two braised roasts, put in carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms, half a red pepper, bay, garlic and the butt end of a small ham. Covered said pot with its heavy lid and slid it directly onto the brick. Next day the meat was about as good as it gets. Can't figure out which is better, sliced porkloin on olive bread or the stock.

Story goes that chefs in Provence have been recycling stock like this for up to forty years. If so, must be devastating.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

what was in your pork stock? was this simply the liquid, with aromatics, that you had cooked the roasts in, or a stock made in the fashion of a beef or chicken stock?

For the very first pork roast, I used chicken stock. After that, I simply used the stock itself, plus aromatics. If it seemed to have boiled off too much, I'd add more chicken stock. Bones (browned) would be a good idea, too. You really end up with a very fine stock. In France, they sometimes render stock like this until it's almost a paste, then freeze in ice cube trays. One cube added to a soup is a knockout.

"Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827