web analytics
Pizza Class & Itallian Cooking in Emeryville - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Pizza Class & Itallian Cooking in Emeryville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Class & Itallian Cooking in Emeryville

Last Friday I went to the Neapolitan Pizza class at Ramekins by Rosetta. It was a good class and I learned a few things.

She made a nice thin crust pizza. One of my favorite pizzas was the caramelized onion and potato. The other was a pizza where you cook the dough with a pesto of garlic and parsley, then pull out the dough cooked, after that you top it like a salad with arugala,cherry tomatoes, and prosciutto. Very good and refreshing.

Pizza con Patate
    (Sliced Roasted potatoes with rosemary, onions, fontina, gorgonzola)

Pizza al Crudo
    (Cherry tomatoes, Prosciutto, Arugula, shaved parmigiano)

I also learned I still can not toss dough very well. I was in awe when I saw the video of the fellow on this list who worked in a pizza joint for 10 years (sorry forgot your name) toss that dough back and forth. I think he is from Texas? One of these days! Just takes practice I guess. If anyone could send me a link to that video I would like to see it again. I did a search and could not find it.

Here is a link to other classes she gives in Emeryville on the east side of the Bay Bridge. Just in case anyone was interested.

Welcome to Cooking with Rosetta

I would like to take the eggplant class but it is sold out... Next time.

Loren
Working...
X