web analytics
Olive Oil - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Olive Oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Oil

Cooks Illustrated has an interesting article on store brand olive oil. I think you can see the article but would need to be a subscriber to see the recommendations (it's a good magazine if you are interested). Anyway, thought I'd share:

Originally posted by Cooks Illustrated
    When you set out to buy superior extra-virgin olive oil at the supermarket, good luck. Rows of bottles fill the shelves, with even the most ordinary of grocery stores offering more than a dozen choices. It’s a booming business: The United States imported 261,000 metric tons of extra-virgin olive oil last year, up from 163,000 metric tons a decade ago. But given the cost—an average of $18.99 per liter for the oils in our lineup—should you just grab the cheapest or try for something better from a gourmet shop or online seller?
    Source
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Olive Oil

Get a good local(fresh) one for salads and using raw and a cheaper EVOO for cooking,is what I do.

Comment

Working...
    X